This guide will show you how to go back to iOS 9.3 from iOS 10. If you run into iOS 10 problems or don’t like the performance on your iPhone or iPad after upgrading you can go back. Here’s how to downgrade from 10.1. After updating iPhone and iPad to iOS 10, many users have reported issues regarding network and UI.
Apple said that iOS 10 is the big update with lots of new features and change but maybe they over optimized iOS 10. You can see that many features are also removed from iOS 10. However, it is a fact that an iOS is much sophisticated and secure than the other operating software for smartphones. To Fix many issues, Apple has also announced, the iOS 10.1 updates, but you can still downgrade to iOS 10 for a limited time.
Apple finally released the final version of iOS 10 to the public with all the promised features and a new look. The main drawback of updating to iOS 10 is you cannot downgrade from ios 10 to ios 9. So we have decided to make this article on how to downgrade from ios 10 beta and how to uninstall ios 10 without computer using ios 9 ipsw. Before going to downgrade from iOS 10 to iOS 9, make sure that iOS 10.1.1 is still being signed. Check the signing status of specific software versions at ipsw.me. You can check How To Downgrade iOS 10.1.1 To iOS 9, Downgrade iOS 9 To iOS 8, How To Downgrade From iOS 10 Without Computer.
How To Downgrade iOS Without Itunes – With all the information of the possible forthcoming jailbreak for iOS 10.1.1, the competition is on for individuals who have previously upgraded past it to limit before Apple closes the signing screen to them and leaves them high and dry. This information can walk you through how to come back to iOS 10.1.1 from iOS 10.2 (or every other edition maybe you are on, like iOS 9.3.3 or iOS 10.1) so you can be secure if the window closes, and can wait and see if this jailbreak hype comes true.
How To Downgrade iOS Without Computer – Apple finally launched the last version of iOS 10.2 for the public which include many new features and improvements. If you’ve installed iOS 10.2, but want to limit back to iOS 10.1.1, as you need to prepare for the iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak or you found it too buggy or it is wearing battery life then we’ve included. Hope you liked How To Downgrade From iOS 10 To iOS 9. iOS 10 includes plenty of new functions just like wiser Siri and a fresh, iMessages that was enhanced redesigned Information, Routes, and Apple Audio application and much more that will be apt to be readily available for betas. To follow how to downgrade ios without a computer, guide you need ios 9 ipsw files. If you already have that file then follow how to downgrade from ios 10 beta and then how to downgrade from ios 10 without computer methods.
How to Downgrade from iOS 10.1 to 10
If you are an old iOS user then you might know that officially Apple does not support a way to downgrade iOS updates, but there is an easy way to do this in iTunes for a short time after Apple releases an update. Apple closed the option to downgrade to iOS 9.3.5, but you can still downgrade to iOS 10. So here is how to downgrade from iOS 10 or iOS 10.1.
Improvements and fixes in iOS 10.1
Check this list before downgrading to iOS 10.
- Improves Bluetooth connectivity with 3rd party accessories
- Fixes an issue where playback would not work for iTunes purchased content when the “Show iTunes Purchases” setting is turned off
- Fixes an issue where certain selfie apps and face filters used with the FaceTime HD Camera on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus did not display a live preview
- Fixes an issue in Health where individual strokes are converted to separate characters when using the Chinese handwriting keyboard
- Fixes an issue in Safari that caused web previews in tab view to not display correctly
- Fixes an issue that caused certain Mail messages to be reformatted with very small text
- Fixes an issue that caused some HTML email to be formatted incorrectly
- Fixes an issue that in some cases caused the search field to disappear in Mail
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Today View Widgets from updating when launched
- Fixes an issue where Weather widget sometimes failed to load data
- Fixes an issue on iPhone 7 where Home Button click settings would not appear in search results
- Fixes an issue that prevented spam alert extensions from blocking calls
- Resolves an issue that could prevent alarm sounds from going off
- Resolves an issue preventing some users from restoring from iCloud Backup
How To .ipsw file for iPhone and iPad
First, you need to find a file called [iOS device].ipsw. If you are downgrading an iPhone,the file will have a name like, “iPhone8,2_9.3.5G_Restore.ipsw”. Check how to find proper IPSW file.
- In the Finder, hold down the Option key and select Go > Library. (The Library folder is usually invisible in your Home folder. If you don’t hold down the Option key, the Library selection will not be available.)
- Open the iTunes folder.
- Look for a Software Updates folder that corresponds to your device. So for iPhone, look for iPhone Software Updates and open it.
- Look for a file called “[yourdevice]_9.3.5_[firmwarenumber]_Restore.ipsw” or something similar. This is the file that will allow you to revert back to iOS 9.
- Drag that file to the Desktop.
To start the download, plug into your PC or Mac computer via the Lightning cable and verify that you have the iOS 10.0.2 update file.
How To Downgrade iOS 10.1 or 10
How to Downgrade from iOS 10.1 or iOS 10 to Previous iOS Software Step by Step. You can follow the same step for iOS 10.1 to iOS 10 downgrades.
Step 1: First of all, you’re going to make sure that you’ve upgraded to the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC.
Step 2: Download iOS 9.3.5 IPSW file (https://ipsw.me/) that has been provided by Apple for your specific iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Step 3: Make sure to turn off the Find My iPhone feature on the device. Navigate to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone, and make sure that the toggle is moved to the Off position.
Step 4. Connect your iOS device to the computer and run your iTunes and put the device into DFU mode.
Press the “Power” and “Home” buttons at the same time. After Apple logo appears, release “Power” button but still hold on “Home” button till you see “Connect to iTunes”.
Step 5.iTunes will alerts that it has detected an iPhone (or iPad/iPod) in recovery Mode, and asked you to restore your device. Agree to restore your device by clicking “OK”.
Step 6. Search your device icon on iTunes and click it.
Step 7. Choose Summary tab and, (For Mac) press “Option” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…”; (For Windows) press “Shift” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…”.
Step 8. Find previous iOS IPSW file you downloaded, select it and click “Open”. You will see a pop-up window telling that you are going to downgrade to previous iOS software, and the process will erase all data on your device. If you have backed up your device, just click “Update and Restore” to continue.
We hope you liked this article on How To Downgrade iOS 10. There may be many reasons why one would not prefer to upgrade the existing iOS version. We hope you have successfully downgraded from iOS 10 to iOS 9 using this working method. Let us know if you guys are having here. We are here to help you. If you like this article, share 😀