slmgr rearm not working is the very common type of Windows error. Today we are going to tell you how to fix slmgr – rearm not working. Windows is one of the most popular, secure and best operating systems for personal computers. Many users frustrated when they’re busy with their works and suddenly receive slmgr – rearm not working error.
It started pop-ups during each time you turn your PC on, it is one of the most irritating problem slmgr rearm exceeded. “Slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command.” First, we will discuss why you are facing this slmgr not recognized the problem in Windows 10. You can apply same procedure for any command error like This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Error. If you want to convert not genuine windows to genuine, you need to read This copy of windows is not a genuine solution.
Slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command or Slmgr Rearm Not Working After Restart is the common error in Windows. This article gives the solution for this problem Slmgr Rearm Doesn’t Work and How To Fix Error 0xc004d307 To Maximize Allowed Re-arms. You can apply same procedure for any command error Skiprearm Not Working which is not recognized as an internal or external command.
Though windows are the legend in the industry it has huge errors list like Windows 7 Rearm Forever which makes the users frustrated when they’re busy with their works.
Fix slmgr rearm not working
While using command SLMGR -REARM mentioned in above article, you may get error slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command.We get this error while we are fixing This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Error problem in Windows 10 which is one of the most popular types of Windows error and with the multiple new versions of Windows available. Sometimes for other reasons you might face an slmgr rearm not working after restart saying this copy of windows is not genuine.
Many users have installed Windows 10 update WAT – KB971033 and they are suddenly receiving slmgr are not recognized windows 7 issue. You will be able to reset rearm count to infinity and use Windows 7 original. Windows 10 system update comes with a great range of firewall settings, and it will stop any harmful activity by user and display slmgr rearm not working error.
While using command “SLMGR -REARM” mentioned in above article, you may get error “slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command.“ Or any other error same as above error message. There are lots of reasons for this error. This article may cover all the reasons and their solutions.
This is a registry entry which specifies whether to run the Windows Software Licensing Rearm program. It will restore original license. The problem is all licensing and registry data related to activation is removed or reset.
- 0: Computer will be rearmed
- 1: Specifies that the computer will not be rearmed
Software Licensing Rearm program restores the Windows operating system to the original licensing state.
- Reason spelling mistake or typing error
- Solution: Make sure there is a space between SLMGR and -REARM and check the letters again.
- Reason: Command Prompt as Administrator is required.
- Solution: Check again if you have opened cmd as Admin or not.
Solution 1 – Try “SLMGR /REARM” instead “SLMGR -REARM” command
To get rid of such type of Windows errors like slmgr is not recognized windows 7 when you bought Windows OS from 3rd party dealer. Microsoft support will help you when you buy Windows OS from Microsoft store only.
Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
Type cd \ and press enter.
Type cd windows\system32 and press enter.
Now you will see C:\windows\system32>. Now use command like this C:\windows\system32>SLMGR -REARM
Solution 2 – slmgr not recognized using renaming
- Go to C > Windows > System32.
- Scroll down until you see ‘slmgr.vbs.REMOVEWAT’. Right-click on it and rename it to “slmgr.vbs” or remove any other extension at the end of slmgr.vbs.
Save and reboot. This will fix slmgr REARM not working problem.
- Now let’s start: First, open Start and in the search field type services. On the opening of the new window, find “Software Protection,“ Right click on it and Stop.
- Now Let’s go to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\ Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform Right click file tokens.dat, We select Cut and paste it to your Desktop.
- After doing this too, Go to C: Windows\System32. At this point, we look for two hidden files, which by extension will have. C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0. Once found, move them to your desktop. If you can not view them, you set the Show Hidden Files from Folder Options.
We are happy that you read this article regarding slmgr rearm not working and slmgr not recognized issues in Windows 10. Comment below if you need any help. For more Windows 10 help check this.